Practicing Social Workers must complete 75 hours of CCP activities over a three-year reporting period to include the following:
- A minimum of 40 hours of Formal Activities
- A portion of the 40 hours of Formal Activities must include direct learning activities. Direct learning activities refers to the receipt of knowledge (as opposed to sharing knowledge/delivering education or volunteering.)
- Training specific to the registrant’s area of social work practice
- Knowledge of cultural diversity and the pluralistic nature of Manitoba
- Knowledge of and skills related to Indigenous Peoples, including their history, culture and spirituality; Canada’s relationship with Indigenous Peoples and reconciliation, mutually respectful relationships and cultural safety.
- Knowledge about social and economic justice issues, including systemic barriers and causes of social needs and problems
- Knowledge and skills in working with individuals, communities and groups
Activities must be logged for the current cycle and cannot be carried over to the next cycle.
Current 3-year reporting period:
April 1, 2019 – March 31, 2022