You may apply for registration under this category if you have a Bachelor of Social Work degree (BSW) or a Master of Social Work degree (MSW) from:
- a Social Work education program accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education
- a Social Work education program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- a Bachelor of Social Work from Booth University College
- An international Social Work degree that has been assessed by the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW) as equivalent.
*Please contact the College with any questions about alternative documentation.
To start the application process, please follow the step-by-step instructions below. Please note that you must complete the application in full in order for your application to be saved in our system. The final page of the Online Application Form is the non-refundable application fee payment of $100.00. You may pay online by Visa, MasterCard or Visa/Debit or select INVOICE ME to pay by cheque at the College office.
The Online Application Form and all required documentation must be submitted to complete your application package and begin the evaluation process. Evaluation of completed applications may take up to 4 weeks. If additional information is required, you will be contacted by the College Office.
Notification of approved applications for registration will be sent by email to the applicant. Payment of the registration fee is required within 30 days of the approval date. Please CLICK HERE for fee information. In addition to the fee, the Professional Liability Insurance Declaration Form must be signed and returned in order for a Certificate of Practice to be issued. For more information please CLICK HERE.
Incomplete applications will expire 6 months from the date the Online Application Form was submitted.
To begin your application click below to complete the Online Application Form and submit the application fee of $100.00.
(IMPORTANT NOTE: the application form will time out after 60 min., please have the following information ready before you begin: reference name, title, organization and contact information (see below for Reference Requirements); five year history of social work employment with start and end dates (month/year).
Submit the following documentation to the College Office. Please note documents may be submitted together or as they become available.
- Full legal name must be used. Copy of Government-issued photo ID – driver’s license or passport (or other photo ID which includes birth date – email to email@example.com)
- Please submit a copy of proof of name change (if name on your transcript is different from the name on your application) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official sealed Transcript showing highest Social Work degree (sent directly from institution to the College Office) *For applicants with accredited or approved Canadian or American Social Work degrees, see “Eligibility” above
- U of M Order Form; Booth Order Form
- OR written verification from an accredited or approved social work program prior to convocation that the applicant has completed all requirements and is eligible to receive social work degree within 6 months (official transcript must be submitted to the College immediately following date degree is conferred and no later than 6 months from the date of registration approval)
- Original Record Checks (If original Self-Checks conducted within the last 6 months are on file with your employer, please contact MCSW at 204-888-9477)
- Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search (completed within previous 6 months of application). Criminal record checks from the RCMP or local Police Stations outside of Winnipeg are also accepted if they include the Vulnerable Sector Search. Vulnerable Sector Searches reveal pardons for sexual offences. Applicants who currently reside or have resided outside of Canada must provide criminal record/registry checks based on a nationwide search from the appropriate law enforcement agency in that country, if an equivalent check is available. Please contact the College for more information.
- Manitoba Child Abuse Registry Self-Check (completed within previous 6 months of application)
- Manitoba Adult Abuse Registry Self-Check (completed within previous 6 months of application)
- 1 Professional Reference, please click here for Reference Requirements (name and contact information to be provided on application, form sent directly to the reference from the College office)
- Verification of Registration and Licensure for Social Work Regulators (for applicants previously registered in another province or country)
- Verification of Registration and Licensure for Other Regulators (for applicants previously registered in another profession)
- Verification of Legal Entitlement to Work in Canada may be required
- Canadian Citizenship card, Permanent Resident (of Canada) card, Work (in Canada) Permit – send scan to email@example.com
Right to Appeal
If your application for registration is not approved, or it is approved with one or more conditions, you have the right to appeal the Registrar’s decision.