You may apply for registration under this category if you are 1) actively registered as a Practicing member in good standing with a recognized social work regulatory body in Canada and 2) you will restrict your practice in Manitoba exclusively to electronic social work practice to clients in Manitoba that is delivered from another Canadian jurisdiction.
To start the application process, please follow the step-by-step instructions below. The final page of the Online Application Form is the non-refundable application fee payment of $100.00. You must pay online by Visa, MasterCard or Visa/Debit.
The Online Application Form and all required documentation must be submitted to complete your application package and begin the evaluation process. If additional information is required, you will be contacted by the College office.
Notification of approved applications for registration will be sent by email. Payment of the registration fee is required within 30 days of the approval date. Please CLICK HERE for fee information.
Incomplete applications will expire 6 months from the date the Online Application Form was submitted.
To begin your application click below:
*Professional Liability Insurance is required for members in the Practicing category. If you do not hold professional liability insurance, you will have 14 days to obtain it after your application is approved. For more information CLICK HERE.
Submit the following documentation to the College Office. Please note documents may be submitted together or as they become available.
- Verification of Registration and Licensure for Social Work Regulators
- Full legal name must be used. Copy of Government-issued photo ID – driver’s license or passport (or other photo ID which includes birth date – upload to Applicant Portal or email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please submit a copy of proof of name change (if name on your transcript is different from the name on your application) to email@example.com
- Original Record Checks – must be mailed to the College or dropped off in person. Originals returned upon request. If you have submitted similar checks in your jurisdiction within the last 6 months, MCSW will accept verification from your regulatory body.
- Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search (completed within previous 6 months of application) from the jurisdiction where you have lived over the past 12 months. Note: Records Checks from myBackCheck.com and Commissionaires are NOT accepted (they do not perform vulnerable sector checks). Applicants who currently reside or have resided outside of Canada must provide criminal record/registry checks based on a nationwide search from the appropriate law enforcement agency in that country, if an equivalent check is available. Please contact the College for more information.
- Manitoba Child Abuse Registry Self-Check (completed within previous 6 months of application)
- Manitoba Adult Abuse Registry Self-Check (completed within previous 6 months of application)
- Even if you reside outside of Manitoba you MUST complete checks b & c as these are legislated requirements
- 1 Professional Reference, please click here for Reference Requirements (name and contact information to be provided on the application, a form will be sent directly to the reference by email from the College office). It is the applicant’s responsibility to check in with their reference to confirm the reference document has been completed and returned to the College within the 6 month application timeframe.
- SELF-EMPLOYED applicants must provide a practice supervisors name and email address on the application form (when recording your self-employment details in the employment section) as per section 7.2 of the MCSW Standards of Practice.