Benefits of Registration
There are many benefits to registering with the Manitoba College of Social Workers as a Social Work Student member. As a student member you will be updated about the activities of the College via electronic newsletters and email bulletins. Students will also have an opportunity to meet and network with Social Workers, and volunteer on the College Board or Committees. New graduates who are first-time Social Work registrants with the College are also eligible to become registered Social Workers at a reduced rate for the first year following convocation.
The registration year for Student members is October 1 – September 30.
Applying for Student Membership
In order to join as a Social Work Student, an applicant must:
- be enrolled in a Manitoba Social Work program accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE), or
- be enrolled at Booth University College, or
- be a current resident of Manitoba and enrolled in a Social Work program accredited by CASWE
- complete the application form (found below), and
- pay the annual Student membership fee of $20.00 online with Visa, MasterCard or Visa/Debit.
Note: Students are not eligible for registration as student members if: they hold a BSW or MSW degree accredited by CASWE or a social work program approved by the College; and they are employed or volunteering within the scope of social work practice outside of their practicum
Reminder: Student members cannot use the title “Social Worker” or “RSW” as a designation, but may refer to themselves as “Student members of the College”.
To begin your application click below: